How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Westfield
Remote work is here to stay for countless professionals, no matter if you live in a house or a one-bedroom apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t enjoy the benefit of an extra bedroom to serve as your home office, but you may still fashion a versatile place to work. Check out these simple recommendations and discover how to make a home office in a small apartment in Westfield.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Westfield
- Choose the right desk. Selecting an appropriately sized desk to accommodate your space is essential. If you work with a laptop, the desk only has to extend from the wall approximately 20 inches. Your worktop ought to be around 28 inches off the floor and may be as wide as you can fit. Ensure you have space for an extra monitor. You'll be thankful you have one when you have a spreadsheet up, a web conference going, and ten other windows open. Really short on square footage? Choose a two-tier folding desk you can hide away when you’re not using.
- Where could your desk go? If you can slide your desk into a corner, terrific! But you might need to get more creative when positioning. A slim desk might be placed right behind a couch. You might incorporate a small rug and table lamp to designate the spot as your office. An unused wall within your room will also work. Place some art or intermix some plantlife so you aren’t gazing at a boring wall throughout the day.
- Let your desk serve a dual role. If you’re short on space, use your desk for multiple functions. Place it next to your bed and let it serve as a nightstand. Or go without a desk and work from your dining room table or kitchen bar.
- Install floating shelves. These additions work great when your desk faces a wall. You’ll have additional space for decor or supplies and can easily match shelving to your room’s particular aesthetic.
Want A Change Of Pace? Consider Your Apartment’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Interested in an alternative in your own apartment? Implement a small standing desk so you can get up and stretch your legs. An inexpensive laptop stand can help get your device at the proper height.
Here are a handful of additional space-saving things you can integrate into your small apartment home office in Westfield:
- Folders that attach to the wall
- Small printer stand that works nicely below your desk
- Small storage units you can fasten to the your monitor
- Noise-limiting headphones for loud roommates and children
Design Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Harmony Apartment Homes
Your home office will look wonderful in your new apartment at Harmony Apartment Homes. We have a range of floor plans available to fit your remote workspace needs. Arrange a tour of our Westfield community or give us a call at 317-795-0224 if you would like more information.