How To Embrace Green Apartment Living In Westfield
Making a contribution for the environment shouldn't be a major undertaking. Even when you reside in an apartment, there are many steps you can do to help safeguard our planet for future generations. Basic duties like selecting reusable items and saving water can make an impact over time. If you're ready to try sustainable apartment living in Westfield, here are some basic tips to get you started.
Replace Your One-Time Products With Durable Items
Say no to one-time plastic containers and paper towels for cleaning. Embrace long-lasting items to your everyday routine. Here are a few simple alterations to try.
- Water bottles: When utilizing amenities like a workout room wouldn't it be better to take a strong reusable water bottle rather than a unstable disposable bottle? Avoid sending out plastic to dumps by using a water bottle you can replenish.
- Kitchen dish towels and microfiber cleaners: End your reliance on paper towels and instead, use reusable towels or microfiber to wipe down counters, stovetops, and other stained surfaces.
- Refillable soap dispensers: Why discard your pre-filled soap dispenser in the trash when it's done? Instead, use a long-lasting replenishable soap dispenser. You'll discover them in a range of patterns to complement your design aesthetic.
- Silicone bags and straws: Washable and reusable, you can find a variety of silicone-based products such as produce storage containers, drinking straws, and even bags you can bring to school or your workplace.
Go one step further and uncover products like soap dispensers and water bottles made with recycled materials. This not only reduces waste but also supports a more sustainable future.
Consider Protecting Energy And Water For A Sustainable Residence In Westfield
Have you ever forgotten to turn off the water as you’re brushing your teeth or washing dishes? You are not a unique case. Being mindful of water usage is an superb tactic for a sustainable residence in Westfield. Along the same lines, be sure to turn off lights when leaving and turn off your computer.
Here are a few extra suggestions for conserving energy:
- Inspect your light bulbs and consider buying energy efficient options.
- Limit hot water usage by reducing hot showers and doing your laundry in cold water instead.
- Try to avoid running your HVAC system at full capacity. Take advantage of natural airflow when possible in the summertime and keep cozy blankets, sweaters, and other warm clothing accessible in the winter.
Increase your recycling in Westfield
Even if you adopt the practice of carrying a reusable water bottle, you may still come across an occasional plastic one in your Westfield residence. Ensure you recycle it. Make an effort to recycle as much as possible, including toilet paper tubes, wine corks, and those cardboard containers that arrive at your doorstep. Find out if your neighborhood has recyclable containers. If not, you can find them in the nearby area, on your local school’s campus, or even through your place of employment.
Go green at your new Westfield home.
If you're in search of a new location to put into action your green apartment living ideas, explore the wonderful options at Harmony Apartment Homes. Our Westfield apartments will enhance your way of life as you contribute to the health of the environment. You'll enjoy the large units, outstanding features, and friendly staff. Plan a walk-through or simply call 317-795-0224 to speak with a member of our team.