If you’re searching for an apartment, you’ll likely find different types of apartment buildings in Westfield. Most fall into one of the following groups: low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise. But which kind of apartment is better for you? Evaluating the benefits and drawbacks of each choice will help you figure out what type of apartment you would like to live in.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings generally have at least ten stories. You’ll find them in urban city centers where their elevation lets them accommodate a fair number of Residents within a reasonable footprint. Those who enjoy occupying high-rise apartments pick them because:
- High-rise structures give you amazing views of Westfield.
- Convenient locations in the middle of the city close to shops, restaurants, and attractions. Numerous high-rises also boast shops or dining on the first floor.
- They will lower your commute if you have a job or attend school downtown.
- High-rise buildings include elevators, so you never have to take the stairs.
- When living in a high-rise, all of your fellow Residents make their home in the same structure. This could promote a stronger sense of community as you talk in the lobby or when taking the elevator. You may even benefit the service of a concierge or porter.
Even with its many advantages, living in a high-rise isn’t for everyone. Coming home to an urban high-rise is fun and lively for many, but odds are you won’t love it if you prefer space and solitude. Heading out to work or school might also require a bit more time when you live in a multiple-story structure, and a downtown area may have a limited amount of convenient parking. Finally, high-rise options can be smaller to fit more homes into a restricted quantity of space.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
When it comes to different types of apartment buildings in Westfield, low-rise or commonly referred to as garden-style buildings are in sharp contrast tohigh-rises. They typically consist of four or fewer levels and are located away from the city center. You normally see several low-rise buildings on one complex with an abundance of space surrounding them.
What are the reasons why you should contemplate moving to a low-rise option instead of other types of apartment buildings in Westfield?
- Low-rise apartments contain more apartments on the ground floor, providing easier accessibility to the building.
- Low-rise properties often have more [parking spots for tenants and visitors.
- They have additional exterior space to explore if you have a dog or an inclination for a natural setting outside your window rather than a bustling city street.
- You’ll come home to the more peaceful suburbia.
- You share hallways and common spaces with not as many people and benefit from a greater amount of privacy.
Nevertheless, not everyone wants these advantages. If you prefer the excitement and nightlife of urban life, a low-key low-rise building won’t suit you. Depending on where you go to school or work, you might be faced with a long drive from your low-rise unit as well.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
Mid-rise apartment buildings feature between five and nine stories. You’ll find them in both city and outlying areas, so they incorporate the perks of other types of apartment buildings in Westfield:
- When you have a mid-rise unit in outlying areas, you’ll enjoy a serene setting and exterior area mixed with the camaraderie of habitating in a taller building.
- In a mid-rise apartment in the center of Westfield, you won’t have as many tenants as a high-rise but you may still relish in the downtown scene.
Can’t Decide The Type Of Apartment Building You Want? Come See Alluring Harmony Apartment Homes
At Harmony, we combine an enticing property with a desirable area to offer a wonderful place to come home to. Call 317-795-0224 or request a tour to see our roomy apartments and sought-after amenities for yourself.