If you need to do a complete clean-out or your Westfield apartment simply looks grubby, a detailed cleaning can have it looking its best again. It’s fairly common to get overwhelmed when trying to do more than you can handle at one time. In an attempt to make tidying up your apartment less stressful, we’ve created an apartment cleaning checklist for Westfield Residents.
Your Westfield Apartment Cleaning Checklist For All Spaces
Do these chores in each area of your unit before taking on rooms individually to optimize your time. Use this apartment cleaning checklist for Westfield to keep yourself organized.
- Eliminate clutter.
- Dust ceilings and any decorative trim.
- Clean the tops of doors and their frames.
- Wipe off your apartment’s walls and baseboards to remove smudges and stains.
- Get the dirt and dust off your windows with a clean rag and glass cleaner.
- Wash or dust window treatments.
- Use disinfecting wipes for doorknobs and high-touch areas.
- Mop or vacuum all flooring and remove any stains or blemishes.
- Don’t forget to dust the blades and all other areas of all ceiling fans.
- Take your trash out.
Living Room Cleaning Checklist
No matter if you enjoy hosting get-togethers or sitting in your space by yourself, keep your living room neat and welcoming with a regular cleaning.
- Revive furniture by vacuuming and spot cleaning. You should consider a vacuum attachment to remove hair if you share your home with furry friends.
- Dust flat surfaces and everything on them.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dust electronics.
- Revive wood pieces by polishing.
- Wipe down and sanitize all remotes.
- Make sure everything you need like remotes and coasters are found nearby.
Cleaning Checklist for Dining Rooms
The majority of messes in the dining room come from food. For dried food clinging to the floor or table, place a warm, damp rag on top of it for a few moments to soften it a bit.
- Brush loose crumbs from tabletops and seats and pay attention to stickier areas.
- Dust the backs and legs of chairs.
- Rejuvenate wood tables by polishing or employ a glass cleaner on a glass-top table.
- Utilize a feather duster to address any open shelves with breakables or dishes.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Apartment Kitchen
Kitchens are often sticky and smelly from your daily meal prep. You can go with standard cleaning products to remove those greasy stains, but a handful of chemical-free materials can do the job too.
- Wipe down cabinets with soapy water on a cloth followed by a another clean cloth].
- Wipe down counters with an appropriate product for your specific material or you might consider white vinegar.
- Wash out sinks with a paste of water and baking soda. Some baking soda down the disposal will help deodorize it. Wash it away with water once it’s left for 10 minutes or so.
- Run a hot water cycle on the dishwasher with a container of vinegar inside. Once complete, wipe it out with a clean cloth.
- Boil a cup of water in the microwave to let the moisture loosen up stuck-on gunk. Remove any mess with a damp sponge or cloth.
- You can remove and wash stovetop components in the sink. Spray the oven door and stove with a store-bought cleaning solution or equal parts household vinegar and water and remove remaining stains and food debris.
- Act in accordance with the oven’s self-cleaning instructions or simply make use of the mix of baking soda and water to scrub it out.
- Employ a mild soap or vinegar and water to clean the fridge inside and out; follow with a wet rag. After that’s complete, roll the fridge forward and use a broom to sweep the floor.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
If you hate cleaning bathrooms, do easy cleaning tasks every day to keep the bathroom from getting too messy.
- Wipe off mirrors with a spray-on cleaner and a clean rag.
- Disinfect all surfaces with proper cleaners for your surface or use a water and vinegar mix on a sponge or cloth.
- Gently wipe cabinets with a mild liquid soap and then use a a soft rag.
- Scrub the toilet bowl.
- Wipe down your toilet exterior with your choice of vinegar or disinfectant.
- Tackle the tub and shower with your preferred cleaner or vinegar-water mix.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Westfield
You’ll sleep better in a clean bedroom!
- Clean up or reorganize your closet.
- Use a dust rag or feather duster on any shelves, desks or other surfaces.
- Launder the bed sheets and comforter if needed.
- Grab your dirty clothes from the floor and put them in the hamper.
- Make use of a vacuum attachment to dust underneath your bed frame.
Find A Spacious Apartment At Harmony Apartment Homes
A dirt-free place to live adds to your comfort, but sometimes you might want a new apartment altogether. Explore the roomy, well-appointed apartments at Harmony. Reach out to our leasing specialists at 317-795-0224 or request a tour to get started.